The first Big Pulse Intensive goes to Sweden
We are delighted to announce that the first Big Pulse Intensive is going ahead with a live programme March 21-25. The Intensive is a week-long meeting between artists, art workers, festival teams and experts in various art fields. The aim is to share knowledge and discuss topics that are important and relevant to the dance sector.
The visit will take place in a beautiful and rural landscape in the southern region of Skåne, Sweden. Participants will stay at Drakamöllan – an old manor house dating back to the 17th Century – offering a relaxing and inspiring shared space for the duration of the Intensive. Set in a magnificent nature reserve that encompasses unique sandy
fields, Drakamöllan is surrounded by a multitude of plants and an ethereal beech forest.
Over the course of this Big Pulse Intensive, mentors and experts will offer guidance on a broad range of subjects, from ecological sustainability, leadership and listening, scaling up, open air working, and diversity. The speakers include:
- Delia Barker, Cultural Sector Consultant
- Willi Bopp, Sound Designer and Composer, ASARTE Production
- Farooq Chaudhry, Co-founder and Producer, Akram Khan Company, Skye Blue Productions
- Maggie Clark, Director, XTRAX, Manchester. Manager, Without Walls
- Feimatta Conteh, Environmental Sustainability Manager, Manchester International Festival
- Charlotte Engelkes, Director, Choreographer, Artist, ASTARTE Production
- Ingrid Fransson, Production and Planning Director, Malmö Opera
- Emma Gladstone, Director, Big Pulse Intensive, Accredited Action Learning Facilitator
- Mira Helenius Martinsson, Artistic Director and CEO, Skånes Dansteater
- Karl Svensson, Light and Set Designer, SKIMRA Scendesign AB / ASTARTE Production
In addition to the workshops, discussions and presentations, participants will have the chance to explore local attractions including Wanås Konst Center for Art & Learning (an art centre that houses both permanent collection and presents temporary exhibitions and dance performances) and Malmö Opera in collaboration with Skåne Dansteater.
Stay tuned for more information from the Big Pulse Intensive in Sweden, hosted by Big Pulse Dance Alliance partners Danscentrum Sverige (and its member organisation Danscentrum Syd) and Dance Umbrella.